Friday, May 14, 2010

Santa Monica Vacation



















In April I was able to go on a girls only trip to Santa Monica! It was so much fun, I had a blast & wish I could do that once a month! I went with 3 other girls. Trisha, who I have been friends with since 8th grade, Amy I have known all my life, I remember going to her house when I was in kindergarten, and Kellie who I only met a few weeks before the trip & honestly it felt like I have known her my entire life! Our trip started on a Wednesday night, Todd dropped me off at the freeway to see me off with them! We arrived in Burbank around 1:30am and was off to bed because we needed our beauty sleep for a big day at the Ellen show! We got up the next morning, visited, then got ready, drove for some lunch (it was about noon by this time) we ate at a restaurant near the WB Studios then headed over to check in for the show! After we got our tickets squared away we were told that Jennifer Lopez would be on the show!! We were so excited that it would be someone we liked. I have to say I don't regularly watch Ellen but I was fully aware of the dancing, and let me tell you what...that is all we did for what seemed like hours! Once they finally seated us in the audience it was time to dance and dance and dance some more. By the time she comes out & it is time to really dance you are exhausted! Anyway we totally got lucky because Kellie just happened to be like 8 months pregnant & they told her to sit in the aisle seat, I was next to her, & of course Ellen immediately comes to our row & dances with Kellie & rubs her belly! So yes, I was on tv, for a split second! Jennifer Lopez was just as beautiful in person (well as in person as I will ever get with her!) as she is on the movies & tv. She was fun to watch. The other people on the show that day were Norah Jones, a guy who was voted off American Idol, and a little girl that was on a new movie, can't remember her name. Anyway it was a great show & an awesome time, I would totally do it again! So after the show it was off to Santa Monica to find our hotel. We took a nice long drive down Santa Monica Blvd and enjoyed all the interesting scenery! We stayed at the Sheraton Del Fina, we were in walking distance to the beach. We got settled in then took a walk down to the Santa Monica Pier. We at at the Mexican Food place at the end of the pier, I don't recommend the salad (poor Kellie), anyway it was freezing cold when we came out so we got hot cocoa & walked back to our hotel where we stayed up half the night talking & laughing like a bunch of school girls. The next day we went to the spa for a day of pampering. It was so nice just to go & relax & do what I wanted for a change instead of tending to everyone else's needs! That night we went for sushi and sat on the patio & got to see David & Victoria Beckham! They walked right past us in to the restaurant next door! So that was fun. Then we went & walked around the outdoor mall area & watched the street performers beg for money, then went to the movie & seen Date Night & laughed so hard I cried! Saturday we went to Malibu beach & ate lunch & hung out on the beach for awhile, then we went shopping for the rest of the afternoon. We ended up in some cupcake shop for like 3 hours talking, they probably thought we were nuts, I just think it was amazing I only ate 1 cupcake! Our last night we ate at The Lobster, I had some super yummy salmon & we just enjoyed our last night together. Next morning we had to get ready to head back home, always a bummer to have to leave a fun time, but our families were missing us & I think we were all starting to miss them...a little anyway! All in all it was an amazing trip & I'm so glad to have great friends & especially glad to have a husband who was more than willing to do whatever so I could go & enjoy myself for a few days & have some time off from being mom!

No comments: