Thursday, May 13, 2010

Gila Valley Temple Open House

Over the weekend we were able to take the kids to Pima to go to the Gila Valley Temple Open House. It worked out nice that my brother Michael lives there & that we were able to make it a family gathering for the weekend! My parents and brother Pat & his family were all there. So the whole Powers family got to tour the temple together. It was such a neat experience. I had been hoping that my kids would be able to feel the spirit & know the importance of temples. They really enjoyed it, looking around at all the pictures, and the main thing they will probably always remember is the beautiful chandeliers, they just couldn't get over how huge they were & sparkly. I think it was neat for Mak to go in the brides room to see what it looks like. My brothers were teasing Brennen that this would be his only time to go in the brides room. They let just our family go in to the small sealing room & we were able to all look in the never ending mirrors as a family, it was pretty awesome! I'm glad that we were able to take our kids & share the experience & importance of temples with them, I hope it is something they will always remember! And no...I didn't get any pictures, bummer!

No comments: