Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Mothers Day




So I have to post this before it becomes old news and I forget to post it!

My Mothers Day was made pretty special by my husband & kids. They of course let me sleep in, not that it was hard because everyone slept in, if anyone knows me they know I stay up all night and would prefer to sleep in for a bit, but with the kids in school I don't get that opportunity as often as I would like (can't wait for summer & no school!). Anyway after getting up and while I was getting ready for the day they were cooking up breakfast, waffles, bacon, & eggs. It was really good as usual, Todd is our Sunday morning breakfast cooker, he is the best breakfast cooker, the kids just turn their nose up when they see me in the kitchen fixing breakfast! So after eating the kids couldn't handle it anymore they wanted me to open their gifts. I started with Garret & Makenna's, they both picked out a candle for me from Yankee, Garret got me the brown sugar vanilla and Makenna got the honeydew melon, both great choices! Then I opened Brennen's gift, which he could hardly stand having me wait, he had been to Disneyland & just got back the night before & that was all he kept talking about is the gift he got me, so I opened it up and he is such a thoughtful kid, it is a charm link bracelet & he bought mickey mouse birthstones to represent each one of us! Such a great idea, leave it to Brennen, I have always said he will make a great husband because he really puts thought in to his gifts! So then it was on to Todd's gift, this one I already knew because a little birdy named Garret told me a few days before, that's what happens when you take a 4 yr old shopping!! Todd didn't wrap it cuz he knew that I knew what it was. He got me a new Playstation 2...lol! It is a small passion I have when I have time (which anymore doesn't seem to happen) but I have a Guitar Hero problem, I love it, can't stop playing it when I start. Around my birthday we bought Guitar Hero World Tour and we also had Aerosmith and then a few months ago they just quit working. We thought it was something wrong with the games, but found out it wasn't, the PS2 was just worn out after years of playing it & the graphics from GH were just to much I guess. Anyway Todd knew that I was missing out on playing it with my best friend Rach, she comes over walking & we fix & eat dinner then play our Guitar Hero. It is seriously one of the only things I can do that will block out the fighting & yelling & screaming & crying that is going on around me!!! I was totally excited, however I have only gotten to play a few times since getting it, been way to busy to justify sitting down and playing it, I am having a hard time justifying blogging right now!!

And since Mother's Day isn't just about me, I had a wonderful conversation with my mom over the phone, she got to tell me about one of the most amazing experiences that happened to her in the temple the day before. She is such a strong example to me & I only hope I can be half the mom she is, if I can I will feel pretty accomplished with myself. She is always there for me & is the first person I go to with anything because I always know I can rely on her advice & most importantly the comfort I hear in the sound of her voice! I am so thankful to have her as my mom!

It was a fantastic day & I am thankful for my husband & kiddos trying to make it a special day for me!

No comments: