Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hall Family Update

So because I have been so busy lately and haven't had much time to do real blogging, I just thought I would give a little update on all of us over the past month!

Todd-He has a lot going on as usual, he tends to put lots of irons in the fire, he is working on a new venture to add to his company, heaven help me with this man, he can't stop, he is constantly jumping in to new things! He wants to get his pilots license, so he has been looking at airplanes now (I keep saying how about buying a house first?). I just shake my head & wish sometimes I had as much ambition as he does.

Me-Well what am I not doing right now?! It is the end of the school year so this week is filled with graduation, awards ceremonies, banquets, and all the stuff that comes with it! I have several real estate deals going on right now, (unfortunately none of our own yet!) which is keeping me busy & I love it. I miss the day to day work, but with having kids I do know it isn't something I could do full time yet, will have to wait till they are all in school! I am feeling really good, just getting tired pretty quickly. Last week I woke up to a bump and I told Todd um, I think I grew last night, he said oh you look about the same, however everyone I saw that day mentioned that I finally looked a little pregnant. So that night I mentioned it again to him, he says I was just trying to make you feel good...lol. We find out next Thursday what the baby is going to be, we are all pretty excited about that! I would say for the most part I am just busy being a mom & doing what mom's do, with a little extra thrown in here & there!

Brennen-He will be graduating from 8th grade on Thursday night. In Palo Verde 8th grade graduation is a big deal, they get all formally dressed and make a big night out of it. He is pretty excited. I dropped his suit off at the dry cleaners because he wants it to be perfect. Last week he went on his 8th grade trip to Disneyland, he left at 345am Thursday morning & got back Saturday night around 730. He had a really fun time, but he is a bit of a chicken when it comes to rides, so he hung out with a few girls who didn't like rides either...trying to claim he was waiting with them so they weren't alone, truth to be known he was a bigger chicken than them! On Saturday we went to Amazing Jakes for a bday party, he was playing miniature golf & hit the ball & it hit a rock & came back & hit him in the eye, then he tripped & fell about breaking his wrist, he is still babying it some. A few weeks ago he spent the night at his friends house & they had a fire & threw an Axe Body Spray aerosol bottle in the fire, well after so long it finally blew up & burned his leg, about a foot long burn, I had to end up taking him to the dr to have it checked out. I guess this is the kind of stuff you deal with when you combine being slightly clutsy with a teenager brain! Is hard to believe he will be a freshman already. The time has flown by. He is a good kid and we are proud of him.

Makenna-She spends most of her time hitting a volleyball these days. She takes it to school & plays with it non stop when she is home, I have got to find a volleyball camp for her to go to this summer. She is full of life all the time & helps me keep my sanity with all these boys we have around here. Some days we just can't stand being around them, all the yelling, burping, farting, fighting, drives us crazy. She puts up with a lot of teasing from them, I do remember those days of being the only girl, she does pretty good in holding her own though! She is really in to singing with her friends on the PS2 doing Country Sing Star, they are really good at it. She has been playing the piano and has done so well with it, I have been so impressed with how quickly she has picked up on it and she really loves to play. She is such a big help & I am so glad to have another female around here!

Garret-He is full of it most of the time. He is very strong willed and is fine to speak his mind. Of all the kids so far he has been the most difficult for me parent. He talks back, he yells, he throws fits without caring who is around, he can sometimes be a real pain in the butt! He is done with preschool & he did very well. He turns 5 on the first day of school, but we have decided to hold him back another year because Todd doesn't want him to be a young one. This is going to be a long year with him home, but in the end hopefully it will be worth it. He loves to play with Russ, most of the time he is really good with him, but he has his moments where he is not very nice. I know they will be the best of friends. Yesterday he was walking him across the road to the neighbors house & he was holding his hand and also had his other hand on his back helping him make it across the road without tripping, it was one of those moments where you watch them & get teary eyed because you know they have a connection & even though they might fight they are still brothers and care about each other! Garret is really in to telling stories, he is a big liar & we have to correct him all the time with his stories & remind him that really didn't happen. If you want a big story just talk to Garret for 5 minutes! He is a good kid & keeps me on my toes!

Russ-What can I say about our Russ, he has been a nightmare for the past month. Actually the past 8 months with Russ has been not very fun. He has dealt with getting all his teeth in, and it hasn't gone well, he has been so whiney & fussy that we changed his name to Fussy insteady of Russy! He was getting better until we went to fair in April & then we got home & he had been a nightmare for weeks, well he finally broke out in a rash & we knew he had caught the Fifth's Disease from Lindy's kids, which finally made sense. I had Clint for a few days the week before fair, which was the the time Clint was contagious, however we didnt know he was until well after. Anyway once he broke out in the rash everything made sense. We had a full week of a whiney horrible baby, I was ready to run away! Last week he finally started feeling better & we have had happy Russ, overly happy Russ, thank goodness. He is back laughing & smiling all the time. He is walking really good now, he is also talking pretty good and picking up on how to do everything. He loves to climb up everything & has really good balance. His favorite thing is to be outside, that is all he says all day is outside, we have to keep the doors locked or he gets out & explores. I am just glad that finally after months & months of him being not fun is fun again, thankfully! He doesn't look like any of the kids, he does resemble Mak a little bit when she was a baby, but for the most part he is completely different! Todd looks at him and says this kid doesn't look like anybody! He is awfully cute though & we love him, even during his Fussy Russy times!

The New Baby-according to what I have read the baby is about as big as an avocado this week. I have felt a few fluttering movements when I wake up in the morning & just lay there really still. I can't wait for the ultrasound so we can finally know if it is a boy or girl. We will be happy either way! I just hope for a continued easy pregnancy & a happy healthy baby at delivery!

So that is what is going on in our lives right now! We are excited for summer & hopefully will have some fun camping trips & reunions & swimming & movies!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to get all caught up on the kiddos, you and Todd. Can't wait to find out what you are having. We need to chit chat next week...our usual chat. Lots to fill you in on! Lov eyou girl! :)