Monday, March 23, 2009

Buckeye Ag Day 3/14/09

On March 14th the kids had another pig show here in Buckeye. It was a lot of fun. I was a bit of a slacker & didn't take hardly any pictures, I wish I could have gotten one of both of them together in their 4H attire. My parents were able to surprise "me" by showing up Friday night to be there on Saturday. Everyone knew except for me that they were coming, so that was a fun surprise! Papa Kenny, Grandma Skeet, Uncle Deke, Aunt Mattie, Chadd, Tayler, Kenzi, Rachael & Charlie were also all there to support the kids. Brennen took 3rd place with Fat Mama & I think he got 5th with Lawn Mower, he didn't place in the showmanship. Makenna took 3rd place with Priscilla, 5th place with Wanda and then she took 3rd place in showmanship. They are both improving so much on their showing skills! We are excited to see how well they do when it is county fair time! Priscilla hurt her leg a few days before the show and they weren't planning on taking her because she couldn't even walk, Mak was pretty upset about it, I think she has taken a liking to Priscilla! Saturday morning she was walking better so Todd decided to go ahead and load her up in the trailer & take her & just see how she was doing, well she obviously did pretty good because she got 3rd place! If she hadn't had the slight limp she may have done even better. We are hoping she will be healed & walking normal for fair in April.





2 comments:

Kristie said...

Cute 4H kids! That's fun! Looks like one of these times they are going to be on top.

Unknown said...

So cute and I am so proud of them...glad Mak is getting more confident...I bet she does great! Give them big hugs from their Utah family! Miss you guys!!!