Sunday, December 14, 2008

4H Pigs







Brennen and Makenna are involved in the local 4H club, they will be showing pigs this next year. They got their pigs on Dec. 6th. Brennen bought a Duroc which is the red (looks brown in the pictures) colored pig, this will be his first experience with a Duroc, they are known to be a little feisty (must be the red hair!). Makenna got a Yorkshire and a Crossbred. They will be getting 3 more this week, but will only be keeping 1 of them for Brennen, just have to choose which of the 3 he wants to keep after a month of feeding. Anyhow this is Makenna's first year of pig showing and she seems to be really excited. I am not sure if the names have stuck, but last I heard Mak's York is Priscilla, and the Cross is Twinkie (Garret actually thinks Twinkie is his and we will continue to let him think that to keep the peace!) Brennen was undecided, he wanted to name it Red, however I didn't like that, it is my nickname, not a good name for the pig! We are excited for pig season, well I should say they all are, I just go along with it because I know they love it & Todd eats every minute of it up, he has built this pig barn that you would not believe, I just like that he spends time with the kids showing them how to be responsible.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have they named them yet?? Was it difficult for them (and Todd) :) to have to say goodbye to the last lot??:):)