Sunday, November 30, 2008

Goodbye to my 20's...hello 30's :)

So it finally happened...I am no longer in my 20's. What a sad day. I have been dreading that I would be 30 for the last 5 years. The fact that I am no longer in my 20's is hard to believe. Everyone says you are only as old as you feel, well sometimes I feel even older than 30, so thats not a great thing for me! I think having a 13 year old makes me feel older than I really am sometimes! I just hope that my 30's will be full of great times. When I ponder on my 20's I realize maybe they weren't as great as I thought they were. Definately some cherished moments, 3 of my kids were born in my 20's, but of course we all have moments that we are not proud of & I did have more than a few of those! So it is now time to let go & say goodbye to the 20's & hello to my 30's and embrace it & enjoy every minute of it to the fullest because I know how quickly time goes by and before I know it I will be even older with more knowledge & experience behind me...hopefully!

For my 30th birthday I honestly just wanted to be alone & away from everyone. I didn't need the constant happy birthday you are 30 reminder. So I scheduled a day at the spa. It was one of the greatest things I have done for myself all year! I told Todd it is something I want to do every year, it is a must! I went to Dolce Salon & Spa in Arrowhead. (www.dolcesalonspa.com) It was amazing, so pretty inside. It was just soothing looking at everything. My appt started at 10:30, I got there right on time (of course I wouldn't be late for this!) they immediately asked what I would like to drink & had me pick out what I wanted for lunch from the menu. I chose ice water to drink & then picked out a spinach & bacon salad. Then a girl came down the elevator & took me up the elevator to the locker room, gave me a lovely soft robe & a locker for my stuff. I changed in to the robe and put my things away, then she took me to the "relaxation room" which had such soothing music & waterfalls & windows, the view was of the 101, so not sure how relaxing that is to watch cars going 100 miles an hour, but it was peaceful. So the first "service" was a manicure. I can't even say when the last manicure I had was, like forever ago. I am a nail biter, so I was a little embarrassed at the shape my nails were in. I had even filed them the night before because they were looking pretty shabby. Anyhow I moved on to a spa pedicure, these I enjoy getting, however the last one I had was probably over the summer sometime...again can't even remember when. So after the mani & pedi it was back to the relaxation room, then the lady came & got me for my facial. I have had a facial done about a year ago and it was amazing, however this one was beyond amazing! It was so relaxing & soothing. The room was painted a really dark brown & then there was a huge crystal chandelier hanging above the table you lay on and she dimmed the lights really low, I was pretty close to falling asleep until she was finished & decided that it was time to work on my dirty pores problem...ouch...so much for relaxing, tears were flowing at this point! Then back to massaging the face, much better now! So after the facial they took me to the eating area for my lunch, which was one of the tastiest salads I have had in awhile, or I was just starving to death, I dunno. Anyway the lunch area was just as relaxing as the rest of the spa, except for the constant chomping of me devouring my salad. I seriously don't know why I was so hungry but I felt like I hadn't eaten in days or something! So after finishing my salad I went for my combination massage, it was amazing, I can't really think of another word to describe it! She first massaged with the stones which I had never had before, that was fabulous, then she moved on to doing the reflexology massaging. Lets just say I fell asleep, and the one thing that makes me realize I am old now is that I woke myself up because I was snoring. How embarrassing is that!! Anyway it was so great, I loved every minute of it. So after the massage it was time to get my hair done. I hadn't planned on getting it cut cuz I am trying to get a little more length on it, but she did thin it out for me & gave it more of a style, so that was great. After the hair it was on to getting my makeup done. It is always interesting to see what they are going to put on me since I have the red hair. I have only had a few make up sessions in my life...they all do the same thing that I have been doing since I started wearing make up in jr high, brown. It is the only thing that seems to look right. I have ventured out some to the greens, but usually go right back to the browns. After the makeup I was finished, all relaxed, and feeling the best I had felt since turning 30! By this time it was about 4:30, I had hoped to have time to go to Victoria's Secret to get a new bra which I badly need, but I totally forgot I was going to do that because I was on the phone with my Mom telling her about my amazing afternoon. So as I am half way home I am totally bummed because I forgot to stop there (and I have yet to go back for one, so i am still in desperate need of a new bra!) Anyway I got back home all relaxed with no worries or stresses. The original plan was to go out for Sushi which I love, but only get occassionally, however the kiddos were begging to go to dinner for my birthday and as a mom when the kids beg, you typically give in depending on the situation, so I gave in and there was no way were taking 4 kids out for Sushi, we would have to hit In N Out burger on the way there, I don't think they would enjoy it all that much. So I settled for...Cracker Barrell. We live in Buckeye...it is not like we have many dinner options & I didn't really want to drive further in to Litchfield for dinner with 4 kids. We went & ate then my kids who think they are sneaky of course had to tell our waitress that it was my birthday, so I got sang to & then we got a dessert. The kids loved it and for me, that made it all worth it. I still have not gotten that sushi birthday dinner, but someday it will happen. Todd did get me a Cheesecake, but everyone was to full from our brownie/ice cream from Cracker Barrell so we saved it for the next day. It was a great day, the spa was for sure something I needed to do. I think that as a mom I get so in to doing for everyone else that my needs or wants just go by the way side, because I am all about pleasing everyone & making sure everyone's needs are met and if mine aren't, well there is always tomorrow...or in 10 years! I highly recommend a day at the spa to any mom, it was well worth it! So as I enter the 30's phase of my life I am trying to have a greater appreciation for the things that I do have & for the experiences that are given to me each day. The task of being a good mom & wife are such a priority to me and serving others, not just my family is going to be one of my new goals. I feel like I have gone through the last few years just floating by without giving as much to myself to others as I should, I have been a little selfish & have kept my service to my family, however I have realized I need to venture out because there is so much need for service in the world today. So as I move on to my 30's I pray that I can be the person my Heavenly Father intended for me to be and do the things that would make Him happy and will make me a better person!

GOODBYE 20's, it was nice while I was there, but time has passed and a new phase has begun, so to that I say HELLO 30's!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok I totally suck...I knew you birthday was coming...heck I should know..I've knownyou for 29 years, but I let it pass by and my grandpa's...I suck!!!! Well Happy Birthday beautiful to my very best friend in the whole world. I love you like a sister and can't wait to see you!!! xoxo