Monday, February 2, 2009

On January 28th we celebrated our 14th anniversary! Is hard to believe, but if I really sit & think about what we have done over our time together...I guess it makes sense! Oddly enough on our anniversary night we were at the Buckeye High School Future Freshman Night with Brennen....Ironic don't you think?!

We were married in 1995 at the Snowflake LDS Social Hall. I was only 16 & Todd was 18 (and we have survived this long for anyone who doubted our love!) We lived in Taylor for almost 3 years then we moved to Mesa December of 97. We had our first little home built, it was great to be out on our own...living on love! After a year of living there we decided it was time to sell and get a bigger house because baby #2 was on her way! We sold that house in Feb. 99 and started building another one a few miles away. While we were waiting for it to be built we lived in a rental...this was the most interesting place we ever lived, I will save myself the embarrassment of divulging any details of the magnificent trailer park we lived in!! In August we finally got to move in to our new home, thankfully. We lived there for 8 years and enjoyed most every minute of it. In June 2007 we moved to Buckeye to start our new adventure together which brings us to the present with 4 kids, a dog, & 4 pigs just living that dream of a small town country boy & a small town city girl!

Through our 14 years of marriage we have had many ups & a few downs, but through it all the love we have has only grown stronger. I am so lucky to have Todd for my husband. How proud I am to be called his wife. Here's to another great year with the man I love...love you babe!

4 comments:

once upon a poppy said...

congrats! that's quite an achievement!

Kristie said...

What a cute picture! Congratulations to you guys- how time flies!

melinda said...

Congratulations! You guys are such a neat couple and that is a great picture! I totally remember going to your wedding! Time flies.

Unknown said...

My goodness 14 years seems so long ago, but when I think back, I guess it was that long ago...oh those were the days! ;) Congrats you too. I pray that you have another 14 years of amazing journey's, more trips with the Therklesens, more visits to Utah and lots of love and laughter, in between the trips to Utah and vacations with the Therklesens! I love ya girl!