Thursday, December 17, 2009

Laynee's 2 month check up



Layneebug had her 2 month check up on Tuesday. She was 11 lbs 5 oz & 22 3/4 inches long. Poor thing had to get 3 shots & drink some nasty stuff. She did pretty good though. Saddest part was she was giving the "nice" nurse a huge smile & showing off her cute dimple & then the nurse had to stick her, it was horrible. I just can't handle watching them get shots, it is just so sad, but hopefully it will protect her from something worse, that is the only thing that gets me through!


A few things about her at 2 months:

She never cries unless she is hungry & even at that her cries are so small, she never seems to get overly frustrated if I don't get the bottle to her immediately.

She smiles all the time, especially when I call her my pretty girl. She is a very pretty girl and by the time she is 2 I'm sure she will be convinced she is the prettiest thing around because everyone calls her pretty.

She loves her swing, it is so great to have a baby who likes it. The last 2 boys hated it, they freaked out when I put them in it. She would swing 24/7 if everyone didn't love holding & loving on her so much!

She drinks about 5 oz every feeding which is about every 3-4 hours. She is such a calm bottle drinker. I was so used to fat Russ, at 2 months he was already 14 lbs & counting and he could suck down an 8 oz bottle at 2 months like he was never getting another one! She is just sweet & petite & takes her sweet time.

She loves bath time, she has never once cried during her bath, not even when we first brought her home. She just lays there & smiles.

Best of all she is sleeping through the night and has been for about 2 weeks now. She is doing 6-8 hr stretches, it is fantastic.

It is easy to brag on her because so far she has been the perfect baby! I am so glad I convinced her dad we had no choice but to give her life because she makes our life complete & she is so amazing to me!

No comments: