Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ugly Christmas Sweater Party

On the 20th of December we had a party, because we don't have enough of them at my house it seems! I love throwing parties & will come up with any lame excuse to have people come over. So this year our Christmas party was an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party! What a great time! Everyone had to wear the most hideous sweater they could find that was loaded with all the joys of Christmas. There were 10 couples including us. We ate ham, mashed red potatoes, rolls, veggies & dip, cheese ball & crackers, and Todd made up a meat tray that he was sooo proud of. I also made a Christmas punch that turned out great, I wished I had doubled it because we drank it up so quickly. After eating we did a gift exchange of "As Seen on TV" gifts, which was a riot! I wish I had taken more pics, but since I was the hostess, pictures didn't get done. Some of the gifts were the Perfect Push Up (still waiting to see Jared all buffed up!), Tater Mitts, which we had Tiffany demonstrate how they work, while she is scrubbing the potatoe like a mad person, someone in the distance is reading...boil potatoes for 5 minutes before peeling! (um I could probably have it all done by that time!), the Big City Slider Maker was a sought after item, we had 2 of those being passed around, I am still curious as to how well it works, the funniest thing was the onion glasses, I did get a great picture of that one, along with the onion keeper. I know that we had to of gotten the best, most useful gift, it was the Easy Open to help you open packages that are in the hard plastic, it also has a razor blade that slides out the bottom and a screw driver that pops out, let me tell you...very awesome for Christmas morning! Anyway there were more gifts but I can't think of them all, but everyone seemed to have a really great time. After the gift exchange we played Win Lose or Draw on TV, my friend Rachael brought the game, I had never seen it before, there is a drawing device that you hook to the tv, you can't actually see what you are drawing, but it shows up on tv for your team to see! It was pretty fun. The girls were in the lead, but choked in the last round and let the guys come back & win. It was so much fun! We are going to do it again next year....however...we will be having new rules for the Christmas Sweaters and there will be different categories to win.

Enjoy the fun pics from our party.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tater Mitts... why didn't I think of that?