Monday, October 27, 2008

Brennen-My Oldest Child


Brennen Tyler Hall was born on June 27, 1995. He came in to this world 8 weeks premature weighing in at 4 lbs 11 oz and only 15 inches long. Brennen has the most amazing spirit with him that he has carried since birth. As his mom I knew immediately that he was going to be a special child who was intelligent, complex, and very spiritual. After 2 weeks in the hospital he was finally released and we were able to bring him home. At the time we lived in Taylor, AZ and had only been married for 6 months and I was 16 and his dad was almost 19. It was a little scary to bring him home & not have a clue what I was doing, but mothering Brennen came fairly easy for me because he was such a good boy. Brennen is very smart, at about 8-9 months he could already say mom, dad, ball, & dog and knew what they were! Brennen has excelled in school and is usually at the top of his class, always thinking out of the box as some of his teachers have said. He is a great big brother to his siblings, he likes to tease them all the time, but he also watches over them & protects them. He is such an example to his entire family. It is so great to see his willingness to serve others & to be a spiritual strength to those around him. My hope for Brennen is that he will continue on the path he is on, that he will continue to have the desire to serve the Lord and to set personal goals that will reflect the love he has for his Heavenly Father. How blessed I am to be given such a choice spirit to raise in this day. I am proud to be his mom!

No comments: